NEW PROJECT !!! Electronic LCD dashboard (cluster)
I started a new project to create an electronic LСD dashboard instead of the standard one.
The collection for the manufacture of the Second batch will be announced in the third decade of September.
Telegramm – @etacscontact
E-Mail – email@example.com
While work is underway for Outlander 07-13MY / ASX (OS) / LancerX. For Out-III there will be a separate second stage.
Much has already been done, but much remains to be done.
- Selected the IPS LCD panel – IPS 12.3″ 1920×720 for the automotive.
- Selected hardware and software – the control program on the analogue of RaspberryPi on Android + the Arduino Nano module for communication with the CAN bus and auto sensors.
- figured out the data in the can-bus for cluster.
- created a working prototype for a notebook without design.
- shove the LCD panel into the body of the standard cluster.
- put it all together…
The photo above is an approximate view of the panel. The software is made in such a way that everyone can make a design and settings for himself.
The completion of the first sample will be in August 2020. After that I will make a limited batch for everyone.
And small video about start works… )))
Sorry. On russian only…
I received the LCD-panel and have already tried it on. )))
I plan to sell such clusters ~Sept-Oct…
Now the promised part three …
although someone has probably already stopped hoping for a continuation. )))
What is done:
He mercilessly cut out everything unnecessary from the donor cluster, fitted the panel, fixed it with hot melt glue, also fixed the strapping boards with hot melt glue, laid the wires. Arduino is still on breadboards, but assembled in a bunch.
The main part of the arduino code has been completed. The main part of the first of the two regular skins is also completed.
90% divorced circuit board with arduino for ordering to China.
What remains to be done:
go to the capital city of Minsk (and now it is difficult because of the fake elections) to a 3D scanner and a wide (~ 310mm) 3D printer. Order microcontroller boards in China, order additional elements, cables, connectors, piezodynamic speaker.
everything that needs to be added, drawed over, easily fits into the deadline while all orders come from China. (~1 month)
Therefore, the designated date for the release of the first tidy in September remains …
Not without problems.
To be honest, I don’t really like the harness I chose for my test. Let me put it simply. she is poor. Most of all upset by the curve is the sleep mode. and there’s nothing you can do about it.
We’ll have to lull the tidy step by step …
Stage 1 – black background 5-10 seconds after ACC OFF (slightly reduces consumption from ampere, to 0.7)
Stage 2 – physically turning off the panel backlight in a minute or two. (reduces to 0.33A)
Stage 3 – sleep mode. this is after 10-15 minutes of inactivity (3-5 mA)
the problem with waking up is that it completely loses all connections in sleep mode. And when you wake up, for 5-10 seconds, it sets them. therefore I will wake up for any activity, up to the signal of disarming, or opening the door … actually, about the same happens in the regular one.
The second problem was that I could not understand the logic for controlling the lighting of the interior handles. in theory it is clear, PWM is from 1 to 12 volts, but in practice I could not achieve the desired result … I got angry, spat and decided to stupidly fix the brightness by 50-60% with a resistor with a diode. cheap and cheerful.
It’s just a pity to kill time to find out how this fucking unnecessary feature works.
Yes, there are a lot of questions about navigation .. I will answer everyone at once. IT WILL NOT BE IN THE CLUSTER.
Physically, there is a possibility (but you need to connect a GPS-usb-receiver), but I will not bother with this crap. due to (1) the absurdity of navigation in the tidy, (2) the lack of a touch-screen, (3) the presence of Navi in every teapot (4) not the most vigorous hardware in the harness.
Often they offer to start Navi from the MM-head, but also absurd.
In general, if anyone needs it, he will supply himself.
Regular parking sensors are not a problem, a regular TPMS is not a problem. but I have neither one nor the other, so at this stage they are not … if someone finds these pids in the can-bus of their device, then they will appear.
Another frequent question about Out-III support is YES, but in the second stage. all terms are about a month later than the first stage.
And finally, the questions “is it possible for a **** car?” – I answer for the last time: it is POSSIBLE. FOR ANYONE, there are no obstacles … but without me. for several reasons.
Once again I want to remind you. the program on which the tidy is built is third-party. With an open editor.
If someone doesn’t like the design, or don’t like the color, shape, font, slant, sound – DO NOT write it in the comments … I’ll just ignore it, or erase it. take, download and start drawing as you see fit. link – realdash.net
UPD. Yes. still ask for a button. by the way, it is not on the video, because I often remove the panel, so I don’t put it back in place, it lies inside. So, about the button. it will remain regular. but the functionality will be more. in addition to 1 press and long press, there will also be a double click and a triple click. through it will reset the Trip, darken the screen, change the display mode, possibly quickly change the skin (if the HW pulls two skins at once. have not tried it yet)
For those who want to try their hand at customizing the skin – download HERE
Display aspect ratio setting – 8:3
and the last one.
there are a lot of questions “how much” and “when and how to buy“.
1) I don’t know the cost yet. I have not ordered microcontroller boards yet and I don’t know their cost .. maybe 50usd, maybe 100 … I don’t even know approximately. also I do not know yet the cost of 3D printing.
but, I think we should focus on +/- 700usd.
2) start of fundraising for the manufacture of the first batch of clusters – mid-September. this will be ~ 10-15 clusters.
in addition, I plan to offer THREE options.
1) a completely ready-made cluster for ~ 600-700usd + mail cost
2) a kit for self-assembly. You can buy the LCD panel yourself in China (link to model and shop will provided), you can print the case yourself according to my files. I will send only a flashed microcontroller with cables, connectors, assembly instructions. this kit will cost ~ 300usd
3) Also, I receive offers from some countries, both Europe and America, for the manufacture of my clusters by their forces. and I think I will accept their suggestions. then the cluster will become closer to many people who want to buy it. And even with an installation service.
but all this is only in September. follow the news.